- Weight: 140.0 lbs.
- Workout C: 30 minutes, 37 seconds; next: Workout C, July 22
- Total inches: 124.6
- Protein: 134g (2g over target)
- Calories: 2,236
We may be in a golden age of superhero movies. I didn’t grow up reading comic books, but I do enjoy the steady flow of Batman, Spider-Man, Superman and Avengers movies of this century.
However, the origin story is being beaten to death. “Man of Steel” fills in the backstory no one was clamoring for on the Kryptonian political battles. Spider-Man gave us two Peter Parker origin stories in only 10 years.
Even Bane had his origin story in “The Dark Knight Rises.” Do we care that much about the villain’s humble upbringing during a 2-hour action flick?
I mention all this to say that my own origin story needs work. I tend to forget the details on how puny I was starting out and how far I’ve come.
• Starting weight: 121.8 pounds. Now: 140.0 pounds, with 9.4 pounds of additional muscle and 8.8 pounds of additional fat.
• Wild swings in daily calorie intake at the start, gradually settling in to a strictly regulated amount.
• Poor accounting of protein intake, eventually corrected and on track.
• Fighting a lifetime of lactose intolerance, I have been drinking 3 cups of milk almost every day. I’ve gone through roughly 55 gallons so far. Most of the side effects are gone.
• Ten reps of cat vomit to 100 reps a week.
• For most lifts, I’ve doubled the weight since starting each routine.
I was boring a fellow party guest Thursday night with my updates, struggling to remember the names of the exercises I’ve done many times for months. It was a sloppy narrative with a bad finish.
Flabby, out of shape. I guess I need to tone up my origin story, too.