Communications consultant and Birmingham Blogging Academy founder Wade Kwon has written thousands of blog posts and created blogs big and small. He loves to tell stories, in person and in print and online as Birmingham’s Best Blogger.
The Poynter Institute selected Kwon as one of 35 Influential People in Social Media. Birmingham Magazine readers selected him as Best Tweeter 2 years running in the Best of B’ham 2010 and 2011 online polls. His site, Magic City Post, was voted Best Website in the Birmingham’s Best 2011 readers’ poll by the Birmingham News; it also won 2011 Green Eyeshade Awards for Best Blog and Specialized Site.
Kwon has worked with companies across Alabama and across America for consulting and training. Let him help your company with communication strategy, training, social media, blogging, public speaking, marketing, public relations and more.
A Birmingham, Ala., native, he started his award-winning blog Wade on Birmingham in 2005, and has worked with Time Inc. and Scripps-Howard on blogging and new media. He is a founding board member of the Alabama Social Media Association, a nonprofit group dedicated to educating people about social media.
Kwon has been a writer and editor at Southern Living magazine and the Birmingham Post-Herald newspaper, winning numerous journalism awards.
Social media outlets
- Real-time updates through @WadeOnTweets on Twitter.
- He might be your friend on Facebook.
- His professional experience and recommendations can be found on his LinkedIn profile.
- He’s part of the Google+ world.
- He maintains a personal blog, WadeKwon.com.
- His news blog, Wade on Birmingham, focuses on Birmingham and Alabama.
- He helps manage the Alabama Social Media Association.
[See more on my Birmingham Blogging Academy bio page.]