- Weight: 125.2 lbs.
- Workout B: 18 minutes, 0 seconds
- Total inches: 118.2
- Protein: 193 g (75 g over target)
- Calories: 2,410
Modern folklore says it takes 3 weeks to make a new habit.
My new habits include …
- hitting the scale each morning, then rushing to the computer to type it in before I forget the readout;
- drinking a lot more milk, mostly in protein shake form;
- taking half-naked photos of myself;
- psyching myself up before workouts (never did that before doing treadmill);
- measuring my body parts;
- evaluating each portion of food for calorie and protein content;
- planning my eating so I hit my daily goals, rather the much simpler hunger-based pattern;
- fretting about the numbers;
- thinking ahead to the next workout day;
- buying a lot more bananas, milk, chicken and potatoes;
- and learning to enjoy the weird routine.
The success of implementing the habits came from good preparation, small steps and changes and daily reinforcement through charting and blogging. Had I not done all of these things, I believe I would not be in the swing of the routine.
Here’s to finding new ways to live and grow.